BlackBook Magazine is seeking an Associate Editor to generate, edit, and package culture, travel, and fashion stories, as well as recruit writers and participate in all facets of editorial planning/production for both BlackBook Magazine and blackbookmag.com.
Must be an idea-generating machine with good writing skills that is well organized and able to handle multiple deadline-driven projects at once.
- Writing and assigning pieces daily for bbook.com and contributing to BlackBook Magazine
- Brainstorming, pitching, and shaping ideas for both Web and print
- Contributing to assigned features as needed
- Shepherding ideas from concepts to printed page, collaborating with editorial managers as well as photo and design departments
- Working with interns and other editors on social media initiatives
- Execution of editorial-related clerical/administrative duties
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years editorial experience, preferably in the magazine industry or digital editorial businesses
- Clear understanding of digital publishing (blogs, Tumblrs, etc.)
- Strong writing voice
- Editing skills
- Ability to set, manage and hold others accountable to firm deadlines
- Ability to work independently
A serious interest in fashion, tech, or nightlife is helpful, but not required.
Please send resumes, cover letters, and writing samples to: email@example.com.